Tolliver Falls

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Big Dance = zzzzzz

Ok, so I am a wrestling coach.  I have been a wrestling guy since 1975, so last night's "big event" for me didn't take place in NOLA and had nothing to do with a "K" team.  Actually, I readlly didn't care who won the big game or which campus would be invaded by drunken students celebrating the big win.  If the truth be told, back in the late 70's, when I was in college in Greencastle, Indiana, my buddies made me become a Hoosier fan and I was even somewhat excited about their National Championship 30-some years ago, but that quickly passed.  Last night, I was more concerned with who killed it on Dancing with the Stars and of course, getting my much needed beauty sleep.  I mean come on, a 9:30pm start?  Obviously, the people who planned the game, did not take into consideration old people like myself who are usually out cold by 10.

So, I was in bed by 9.  I flipped to the game in case anyone at my neighbors house peeked in my window.   I live beside legendary local basketball coach Tom Bosley and I could hardly get down my street with all the cars (and 4-wheelers) parked in front of his house.  He was evidently having a big gathering to watch Maria Menounos in her skimpy dress hit the floor on DWTS (what sane person would not want to see that???)  A little later, I heard screams and yells from next door at a commercial break during the game and I realized Jaleel White just finished his dance.

I flipped between the game and dwts for a few minutes and neither were able to capture my interest (Maria was done for the night) so I clicked them both off and headed to la-la land with the intention of waking up early to write about how un-interesting the final four is to a guy who was cut from his 8th grade b-ball team for not being able to dribble with my left hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment